Monday, October 03, 2005

Kay

Kay’s entry

MANHOOD

Annual day function at a local school. He had come as the chief guest. He was an alumnus of that school. He talked about the innocence of one's childhood that gets lost as he gets old.

He recalled his school days – soon forgotten little quarrels with friends, last minute assignments, cricket matches at short notice, road side snacks & friends who did not care about money!

He compared it with his current life – never ending pinpricks with business partners, unethical practices in businesses, no time for play, health problems & acquaintances who want nothing but money!

Everyone loved his speech. They were thrilled to hear the greatest entrepreneur of their city talk about his childhood experiences. Another side of his personality was revealed.

He completed his speech with ‘God, give my childhood back’. That drew a big round of applause.

As he was heading home, I asked him

‘I can turn you back into a child. Shall I’?

‘Who are you’?

‘They call me God’.

He started sweating. He thought for a moment and said – ‘Don’t take my talk seriously. I do not want to go through everything again. I am happy what I am’.

I smiled and disappeared.

1 Comments:

Blogger Premalatha said...

give my childhood before I was 4 years and make it stay there!!:)

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home